You have set up a streaming server the next step is to create an encoder that can supply the streaming server with a source stream.
· Click on Encoders button in SimpleCast
· In the Encoders window click on the ‘+’ button (add encoder)
· Select MP3 and mp3PRO and Click OK
Note: You may use the legacy ACM MP3 encoder but it is not recommended. Configurations below for MP3 and mp3PRO encoder apply.
· MP3 (PRO) Encoder & Streamer Configuration
o On the Converter tab
§ Set Quality to Medium
§ Under Format select the format that you would like to use.
§ Check Auto Start encoder after 5 Seconds
§ Uncheck ‘Allow scripts in stream’.
Note: This will cause problems with stream.
o Server Details tab
§ Server type is SHOUTcast
§ Server Details
· Enter Host in Server IP field (Server Hostname like doc.mediaserv1.com)
· Enter Port in Server Port field (Check your welcome email for port #)
· Enter password in password field (Check your welcome email for your DJpassword)
§ Station Details
· Type in your Station Name
· Select the genre from the drop-down box or type in your own
Note: you may type in more than one genre comma separated.
· Type in your website URL
· Enter AIM ID (optional)
· Enter ICQ # (optional)
· Enter IRC Channel (optional)
· Check ‘List on public station listing (recommended)
Note: this will list your station at SHOUTcast.com
· Check ‘Enable title streaming’ and be sure that $combine$ is in the field below ‘Enable title streaming’ to display titles.
o Click OK
o Your Encoder should now say ‘encoded (#) and streamed (#).
Setup SHOUTcast Statistic Relay
The final step is to create a Statistics relay for the streaming server.
A statistic relay simply grabs the current status and viewer count from each server, reporting the details to SAM. Without a statistic relay, SAM will not know where listeners can connect to listen to your music and it will also not accurately report the count of listeners connected to your stream.
· Click on Statistics button in main window of SimpleCast
· In the Statistic Relays window click on the ‘+’ button (add new relay)
· Select SHOUTcast Statistic Relay, click OK
· Enter SHOUTcast server details.
o Enter Host in Host field
o Enter Port in port field
o Enter password in password field
· Click OK
· Statistic Relay should now say ‘Active (OK)’